Sunday, November 9, 2014

Week 13

This week i read Alan Moore's, Watchmen. I have read parts of it before in high school but never the whole way through. i've also never seen the movie since most people are like no dont watch that.
I think its a cool concept, parts of it like superheros being outlawed remind me of The Incredibles which clearly came after this.
I know a lot of people are supper fan-ny about Rorschach, but honestly hes an asshole? like hes super sexist, racist and incredibly right-winged. I really don't care about his back story and life it just doesn't justify it for me. I mean everyone in the book is somewhat problematic, but to like this character who would probably hate you, like why even? 
That being said overall the concept for the comic i think is good,  well interesting at least. I think it is actually worth reading if you like comics, though people should be warned about the graphic imagery. It makes me wonder what they kept for the movie and what they took out or added but i still probably wont watch it.
The art style is interesting and i think fits really well with the story and atmosphere its trying to make, they type is also readable. The other character are ok, i dont have a favorite but i like that there is this whole little world for these people and its believable. And even if i dont like the character they are still interesting.
Im glad i finally got to read it all the way through. I thought i was really good concept. i know i havne't liked a lot of the comics ive read in this class so im happy i got to read one that i was already somewhat interested in reading besides Persepolis.And it was sinally something that wasn't autobiographical so it was nice to just read a story and have it be that, just a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment