Monday, November 17, 2014

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (movie)

Ive never seen Scott Pilgrim vs. The World or read it before but i have seen what the art looks like. I think i like the art, i like that its simple. I wish the movie was animated instead of live action, i think it would have looked better and i would have enjoyed it more. I think the style would have worked well animated.
I really like how the transitions are handled how one thing becomes another or how when a door is closed you open it and its like a completely different place and day. i thought it just worked good. the pacing seems a little fast, again im not familiar with the books so i have no idea what the actual story is or how well the movie matches up. I like the video game motifs they add, and im sure i would understand more if i read the comic.
Does Amazon really have people go door to door deliveries in Canada? I dont know how Canadas mail system works but i think thats odd.
Parts are too fast and parts are kind of slow. kind of slow once he meets Ramona and awkward boring. It got better once they started playing music again and got to the  actual stuff i guess.
I guess its good that you actually hear music because when you read the book you wouldnt be able to hear the bands playing in the book.
I do like that they added art from the book into the exposition that was neat.
Scott is really whinny, the other characters are ok, interesting. I dont think i had a favorite.
The transitions made the movie for me honestly.
It was funny overall, the fighting parts were nice, as a story it was alright, i could stand it, parts were really clever other times it was just meh.
I think it was interesting enough i would possibly read the comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment